Techniseal HP 2 Poly Sand
Uses & Properties
• For pavers made of concrete, natural stone, etc.
• For heavy-traffic and high-humidity areas, steep slopes and false or wide joints.
• Optimal strength
• Inhibits weed growth
• Deters ants and other insect infestation
• Resists erosion – water, frost heaving, wind, power washing, etc.
• Retains original paver aesthetic
• Water resistant after 90 minutes
• Stabilizes pavers – Strengthens interlocking
Directions For Installation
Before you begin before proceeding with the installation, make sure you have an up-to-date technical data sheet in hand and visit techniseal.com to watch the application video.Installation Conditions:
• Bedding must be made of 3/16” dense graded sand.
• Temperature must be above 32°F for 48 hours following installation.
• Surface and joints must be dry.
• Sprinkler system must be turned off.
• Product must be tested on a small area to insure that texture and color meet expectations.Necessary tools:
• Street broom with semi-rigid bristles.
• Plate compactor (pavers and slabs) / Roller compactor (natural stone and porcelain tiles). Plate compactor – Ideally, the plate compactor should have a minimum centrifugal force of 25 kN (5000 psf) and a frequency between 80 and 100 Hz. The weight of the plate compactor should not exceed 100 kg (220 lbs.). A smaller machine can be used for repair work and joint replacement.
• Leaf blower.
• Spray nozzle and garden hose.IMPORTANT: Do not use this product as capping sand